Thursday, March 3, 2016

Ashley Graham Has THIS to Say About Cheryl Tiegs

Ashley Graham isn’t about to lose any sleep over the misguided comments of Cheryl Tiegs.


But she is about to respond to them…



In light of Graham landing the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition last month, Tiegs (a veteran model who was featured in the same issue many times back in the day) told E! News that the plus-sized model actually sets a bad example for women around the world.


Considering most people think the exact opposite, Tiegs’ criticism quickly went viral.


“I don’t like that we’re talking about full-figured women because it’s glamorizing them [when] your waist should be smaller than 35 [inches],” Tiegs actually said


She went on to label the Size 16 Graham as “unhealthy.”


How does Graham feel about this insult?


“My skin is so thick,” Graham told E! this week, adding:


“I kind of rolled my eyes, I was like, ‘Oh whatever, another one of these ladies.’


“But what’s great is that – the fact that she said it – it means that other women think like her. And what that means is that we really need to change the industry.”


Tiegs attempted to defed her comments by later taking to Twitter and writing:


“To clarify re bodyweight. Being anorexic/bulimic/overweight all connected to health problems. I want all to be as healthy as they can.”


But that wasn’t exactly the Mea Culpa many were hoping for. Including Graham.


“I’ve never personally heard from her. She said her comment about me, then never heard a follow up. People are saying she apologized. But I never heard one,” the 28-year old said.


Graham concluded:


“It’s a shame that we have to bring other people down, but that’s why I’m here. I’ve got to bring other women up.”


You tell ’em, Ashley. You tell ’em all.