Friday, June 17, 2016

Anthony Kiedis Saves a Baby"s Life During Carpool Karaoke

Earlier this week, Red Hot Chili Peppers fans were treated to 15 minutes of song, anecdotes and man wrestling when the band participated in a round of "Carpool Karaoke" with James Corden.


But what we didn"t see was the part where Anthony Kiedis saved a baby"s life.


The front man became a hero during filming, right after a dance-off that was edited out of the final version.


In an interview with the UK"s Radio X, Kiedis recounts the story:


"We had a very interesting unscripted moment. We danced-off, we tied and then we were going to celebrate with some Mexican food on the corner.


"And a woman came out of her house holding a child, saying "my baby, my baby, my baby can"t breathe!"


"We all ran across the street. The lady thrust the baby into my arms. The baby was not breathing." 


Kiedis, who is a father, instinctively tried CPR to try and get the infant breathing again.



"I thought, "I"m going to try and do a little baby CPR real quick to see if I can get some air into this kid. 


"I tried to open the mouth. Shut – locked shut. 


"So I started rubbing the belly, bubbles started coming out of the mouth, the eyes rolled back into place. 


"The ambulance showed up and I handed the baby over who was breathing and fine."


Pretty incredible. Okay, we totally now forgive him for that mustache.


Last month, Kiedis was rushed to the hospital just hours before taking the stage at a concert in Los Angeles, forcing the band to cancel their appearance.


It turned out to be inflammation in the gut, which was complicated by a stomach virus and scar tissue.


Luckily, Kiedis and the baby seem to be doing fine now.


Watch the Chili Peppers" Carpool Karaoke segment below:


 


Anthony kiedis saves a babys life during carpool karaoke