Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Snoop Dogg Honors Anniversary with Epic Throwback Photo

Call him Snopp Dogg. Call him Snoop Lion.


Call him Mr. Weed Smoker Extraordinaire.


Just make sure to call him a romantic sap, as well.



In honor of his 19th wedding anniversary, the rapper (whose real name is Cordozar Calvin Broadus, Jr.) shared a truly epic photo on Instagram this week.


It features himself… and his wife… and it was snapped over 19 years ago.


At the couple’s senior prom!


So we assume, at least.


The location and date of the picture is unknown. But it isn’t from this decade or last decade, that’s for certain.


“19 Years today @bosslady_ent Happy anniversary been a1 from day 1 thanks for my kids,” Snoop wrote as a caption to the above throwback image, referencing wife Shante Broadus.


The couple started dating long before Calvin turned into Snoop D-O-double-G.


He and his high school sweetheart got married in 1997.


Back in 2004, Snoop actually filed for divorce, firing “irreconcilable differences,” but the two eventually found their way back into each other’s arms.


“I was trying to get a divorce, but I went back home and I fell back in love with my wife and kids. A lot of times you get cloudy,” the artist told MTV at the time.


“This music industry is a mother, man, and it’ll take your vision and blur it. But God is good, so I understand that I need my wife and my kids in my life – so I threw the papers away. I don’t want to get a divorce.


“So if you hear about a divorce, it’ll be my wife divorcing me. It won’t be me divorcing her…And I made a mistake, so I’m trying to get back right.”


Later on, Snoop told Larry King that he used “a whole lot of begging and pleading” to win his woman back over.


The couple, who has four children together, renewed their wedding vows on January 12, 2008.


Here’s to 19 more years of bliss!