Thursday, August 4, 2016

Amber Portwood: Did She Suffer A Miscarraige?

We’re not sure what to make of this.



Teen Mom OG‘s Amber Portwood and her fiance Matt Baier were reportedly expecting a baby, but Portwood had a miscarriage.


According to Teen Mom Daily, a lawyer associated with the series leaked the story, blaming the miscarriage on Portwood’s issues with substance abuse.


“The lawyer says a prescription drug addiction is the cause of the miscarriage,” the site reports.


“He also says Matt has been treating Amber horribly ever since it happened although he is the one who enables her problems.”


Amber hasn’t addressed the report, but did post a quote from Marilyn Monroe on Instagram:




amber portwood marilyn monroe quote



Additionally, it’s not clear if Amber is staying silent because the story isn’t true, or if she’s waiting for it to emerge when the sixth season of Teen Mom OG to premiere August 22nd.



Amber went to jail for 17 months back in 2012 for drug use and domestic violence against her ex-boyfriend, Gary Shirley.


At the time, a judge gave Amber the option to check into rehab.  However, the Indiana native knew that if she didn’t serve time and fix herself, she would be in trouble.


“The only thing I could see happening to me if I [hadn’t gone] to prison is I would have died,” Amber told People after her release.


“I would have overdosed. When you’re an addict you know what your bottom is.”


Her time behind bars was the most effective way to push the reality star to get her life together.


The whole time I was in there I worked my ass off,” Amber explained.


“There were hundreds of hours of drug addiction classes. I did extra classes, parenting and anger management and even started teaching.


“I put myself in there for a reason so I didn’t want to make it a waste.”


Teen Mom OG returns to MTV on August 22nd at 9pm.