Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Amber Marchese: Leaving The Real Housewives of New Jersey

After just one season, Amber Marchese has decided not to return to The Real Housewives of New Jersey.



In a statement to People Magazine, Marchese gave her reasons for leaving the show, which she accuses of not allowing viewers to know the real her.


“Jim and I have been giving Real Housewives of New Jersey a lot of thought and given the current state of affairs regarding our personal lives and the direction of the show, we officially decided to move on,” the statement reads. “The show was not what we expected it to be, and I want to pursue more suitable endeavors.”


Marchese famously butted heads with twins Teresa Aprea and Nicole Napolitano.


“I was picked on a casting call while pursuing acting, and the person that was presented was created for the show,” she said.  “I had little control over content, situations, or what they decide to show the viewers.


“Even my relationship with the twins was created. I recruited them for my storyline after I was chosen,” she says. “I only met with Teresa Guidice and Dina Manzo for filming purposes. I never built a friendship with them as we were nothing more than co-workers. I wish them all well and the best of luck, although, my husband does not share my sentiments.”


Marchese documents her second battle against breast cancer as a blogger for People.


“I just want to thank everyone who has supported me and has shown nothing but kindness through my difficult times. It is a dream as an aspiring actress to get a lead role, but as with all careers, as one door closes, God willing, another one will open,” she says.


“For anyone following my story, I plan on continuing my blog. God bless to all!”


Radar Online reports that no one has signed a contract for season 7.  The only ones who are all but guaranteed to return are Melissa Gorga, Jacqueline Laurita and Teresa Giudice, who will be released from prison on December 23rd.


Remember Kim DePaola?  The chick who tried unsuccessfully to elbow her way into the cast?  She’s “been talking to the head producer” about returning.


According to Radar, “They want Kim on.”


So DiPaolo is the Kristin Cavallari of RHONJ.  Good for her.