Monday, November 9, 2015

Gabourey Sidibe Slams Critics of Empire Sex Scene

Gabourey Sidibe has once again totally and completely owned her haters.



Those who watch Empire online may have been a bit taken aback last Wednesday night when Sidibe’s character, Becky Williams, had sex on a hotel rooftop Mo McRoe’s MC J Poppa.


For what reason?


Simply because Sidibe weighs a lot more than the average television or movie actress.


As might have been unfortunately expected, the Oscar nominee received a lot of backlash for the racy scene, but she isn’t letting it get her down.


She’s far too busy and far too self-confident to allow that to happen.


“I, a plus sized, dark-skinned woman, had a love scene on primetime television,” Sidibe blogged for Entertainment Weekly.


She then honed in on the haters and added:


“I keep hearing that people are ‘hating’ on it. I’m not sure how anyone could hate on love but that’s okay.


“You may have your memes. Honestly, I’m at work too busy to check Twitter anyway. #Booked.”


Point, set, match… Gabourey Sidibe!


“I was really happy to be part of something that’s never been seen on primetime television before,” the actress added to People.


“And you don’t notice it because you don’t have to notice it, but there’s never been someone of my skin color, my size, with somebody else of the same skin color in a love scene on primetime television…


“I hope there’s more to come.”