Monday, April 25, 2016

12 Most Cryptic Beyonce Lyrics from "Lemonade"


We"ve already taken a look at memorable GIFs from the Beyonce HBO special, "Lemonade."


But most fans are focused on the content of the songs on this record, even more than on the beautiful images that were featured on said special. 


How many times did Beyonce reference alleged cheating by Jay Z? With Rachel Roy, perhaps?


Let the guessing games begin, as you click through the most mysterious/cryptic/interesting lyrics off "Lemonade" below:




1. Beware My Wrath


Beware my wrath

Just give my fat ass a big kiss, boy/Tonight I’m fucking up all your sh-t, boy, this is your final warning/You know I give you life/If you try this sh*t again you gon’ lose your wife.



2. In Spoken Word:


In spoken word

So what are you going to say at my funeral now that you’ve killed me? Here lies the body of the love of my life whose heart I broke without a gun to my head. Here lies the mother of my children both living and dead. Rest in peace, my true love, who I took for granted.



3. Something. Is. Not. Right.


Something is not right

Something don’t feel right because it ain’t right, especially coming up after midnight. I smell your secrets and I’m not too perfect to ever feel this worthless. How did it come down to this, going through your call list?. I don’t wanna lose my pride but I’ma f-ck me up a bitch.



4. Where is He?!?


Where is he

Looking at my watch, he shoulda been home. Today I regret the night I put that ring on. He always got them f-cking excuses.



5. A Reference to Rachel Roy?!?


A reference to rachel roy

He only want me when I’m not there. He better call Becky with the good hair.



6. Daddy/Husband Issues?


Daddy slash husband issues

You remind me of my father, a magician… able to exist in two places at once. In the tradition of men in my blood, you come home at 3 a.m. and lie to me. What are you hiding? The past and the future merge to meet us here. What luck. What a f-cking curse.


View Slideshow