Monday, June 6, 2016

Keeping Up with the Kardashians Season 12 Episode 5 Recap: Fake it "Til You Make it

After a one-week Memorial Day hiatus, Keeping Up with the Kardashians returned Sunday night with a series of interesting developments.



In a throwback to made up, ridiculous storylines of yore, Keeping Up with the Kardashians Season 12 Episode 5 truly was a doozy.


Khloe Kardashian, Kylie Jenner and Kendall Jenner all dressed up in prosthetics in an attempt to be “normal” on the Sunday installment.


Yeah. It was that kind of week in Calabasas.


Kylie told Khloe she felt trapped by fame, and the E! producers hatched the idea to make them dress up and walk around inkongnito.


“Life is life, but sometimes I just wanna be a kid,” she said. “I can’t remember what it’s like to go out and nobody know who I am.” 


One would think that with everything going on in their lives, the editors would not have to resort to this kind of thing. Case in point?


Scott Disick bailing on Kanye’s fashion show. 


“I felt like I was overstepping my boundaries,” Scott said, explaining his decision to peace out. “I was like, ‘You know what, dude?"” 


“I don’t wanna go to this show that’s gonna be in every f–king publication, and I’m gonna be standing there like a f–king tagalong."”


Khloe then invited him to celebrate Robert Kardashian’s birthday with the crew, but he moped the entire time about his baby mama.


“When you’ve been with somebody for 10-11 years, and then all of a sudden you’re not,” Disick lamented, there are some life challenges.



“Kourtney and I are in kind of weird state, and it doesn’t make things easier when we sit next to each other. I don’t really know how to act.”


“You can’t touch them a certain way, or talk to them a certain way, or look at them a certain way, it’s a lot of things to get used to.” 


Khloe’s take on Scott’s behavior? “[It’s] the same conversation, ‘What can I do to get Kourt back?’ I’m like, ‘Scott, you’re not trying at all."”


She did end up comforting him and getting him to cheer up, while Scott and Lamar opened up to each other during the family dinner too.


Lamar admitted that he was “scared half to death” while in hospital, while Disick came clean about his own fears – about seeing Odom.


“I couldn’t handle it,” he said. “I left, I was like, ‘I can’t see this man like this.’ I felt like you were dying to talk and you couldn’t.”


Lamar insisted he is done with bad influences.


“I mean, I can’t really take the risk, you know what I’m saying?” the former NBA star said, referring to his demons and motioning to Khloe.


“I can’t do it to that girl over there.”


You don’t have to watch Keeping Up with the Kardashians online to know that this didn’t work out as planned, but it was a nice moment.


Sadly, Khloe filed for divorce a second time as reports swirl that Lamar Odom is back on crack, and Disick … is still just being Disick.