Monday, July 18, 2016

Taylor Swift vs Kim Kardashian and Kanye West: Selena Gomez Weighs In!

Everyone has something to say about it, especially Taylor Swift’s best friend.



Selena Gomez posted a few tweets in response to Kim Kardashian’s decision to release audio between Swift and Kanye West regarding “Famous” lyrics.


“There are more important things to talk about…” she tweeted.


“Why can’t people use their voice for something that fucking matters?”




Selena Gomez Tweet



“Truth is last thing we need right now is [sic] hate, in any form,” she added.


“This industry is so disappointing yet the most influential smh”


According to the Daily Mirror, a fan asked Gomez why she wasn’t using the hashtag, #blacklivesmatter.


“oh lol so that means if I hashtag something I save lives?” she responded.


“No -I could give two f***s about ‘sides’. You don’t know what I do.”


The audio reveals West running controversial lyrics about Swift by the singer herself.


“I mean it’s like a compliment,” West says over the phone.



“What I give a f*** about is just you as a person and as a friend, I want things that make you feel good I don’t want to do rap that makes people feel bad.”


Swift then gave her approval.


“Go with whatever line you think is better,” she said.


“It’s obviously very tongue in cheek either way. And I really appreciate you telling me about it, that’s really nice!”


“I’m really glad you had the respect to call me that and tell me that as a friend, about the song.”


After the audio was released, Swift released response via Instagram stating that West left out the lyric, “I made that bitch famous.”


“Where is the video of Kanye telling me he was going to call me ‘that bitch’ in his song?” Swift asked.


“It doesn’t exist because it never happened. You don’t get to control someone’s emotional response to being called ‘that bitch’ in front of the entire world.




taylor reply



Swift wrapped up the statement by referencing the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, where West crashed Swift’s acceptance speech for Best Female Video.


“I would very much like to be excluded from this narrative, one that I have never asked to be a part of, since 2009.”