Monday, August 8, 2016

Bow Wow Announces Retirement, Internet Users Wonder If It"s 2007

Bow Wow has decided to bow out.


Taking fans by surprise (for contrasting reasons, as you’ll read about below), the 29-year old rapper announced today that he’s set to call it a career.



As the told his 3.16 million Twitter followers on Monday morning, the upcoming album “NYLTH” will be his last.


Ever.


“I always said years ago i’d retire from music before 30,” the musician wrote. “I just cant see myself at 30 years old rapping.”


Bow Wow is the nephew of Snoop Dogg.


He came into the rapping world as Lil Bow Wow back in 2000, dropping his debut album at the age of 13.


In a series of tweets, Bow Wow recounted all the success he’s gone on to enjoy since then.


“Over 10 million sold, 6 arena tours, 10 top 10’s, a few number 4 platinum albums, 2 gold albums. I’M DONE,” he wrote.


He continued:


“Retirement only means that it is time for a new adventure.’ over 10 million sold. This the last one. THANK YOU. Made over 20 million off rap. Why be greedy?


“I’m good with everything i accomplished. I made it to the White House.”



Shifting over to Instagram, Bow Wow gave his fans a tease of what’s on tap:


“My last album will be executive produced by my uncle Snoop and myself.


“Since he brought me in the game, its only right i involve him and end it with him. ITS OFFICIAL!!!! THIS S–T BOUT TO BANG ON MOMMAS!


“And we aiming and im talking RECKLESS on this album. NOBODY SAFE #DPG #ATK THE TITLE OF MY FINAL ALBUM ‘NYLTH."”


Bow Wow, who has gone by his birth name (Shad Moss) since 2014, is best known for such singles as “Bounce with Me,” “Bow Wow (That’s My Name),” “Puppy Love,” “My Baby” and Let’s Get Down.”


In addition to music, he’s found success on the big and small screens, appearing in All About the Benjamins, CSI: Cyber, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, Like Mike, Roll Bounce, Smallville and Ugly Betty.


You can expect to see plenty more of him in an acting capacity down the line.


After one follower said he thought Bow retired in 2007, the artist got angry.


“Just decided to get movie and tv money. Crazy how when JT did what i did NO ONE hated. I do it, its he fell off etc,” the 29-year old wrote. 


He later referenced Justin Timberlake in yet another tweet Monday, writing;


“When i decided to take years off to do tv and film, they said i fell off. When JT did it, nobody questioned that.”


Bow Wow said he’ll be barking (get it?!?) up the “acting and hosting” tree going forward, in addition to producing a pair of television shows.


“Its a blessing to have made millions and can retire before 30,” he Tweeted. “I mean im extremely happy.”


There you have it.


What else matters?