Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Kim Kardashian: Forbes Thinks I"m Actually Talented!

Give credit where credit is due.



By now, you’ve probably seen Kim Kardashian’s Forbes cover, and you’ve seen the amount of money she’s made from her Smartphone game, “Kim Kardashian: Hollywood” (it’s $ 160 million).


Kardashian is well aware that people are falling over themselves at that figure, and she’s loving it.


“Such a tremendous honor to be on the cover of @forbes!,” she posted to Instagram.


“I never dreamed this would happen and know my Dad would be so proud. #NotBadForAGirlWithNoTalent.”







Kardashian and her family have always been criticized for having “no talent” and being famous for nothing, but it turns out they actually just created their own kind of talent.


Combine that with their entrepreneurial spirit, and you’ve got yourself a cash cow.


Kardashian was smart enough to get herself into tech, where she could generate revenue outside of sponsored content on social media.


“When people looked at me in a way like, ‘Why is she stepping into the tech world? That’s not her territory! Stick to reality TV!’


“I was like, ‘No.’ This is fun for me.


“Now I’m coming up with Kimojis and the app and all these other ideas. I don’t see myself stopping.”


In fact, other stars – including Justin Bieber and Blac Chyna – have followed in Kardashian’s footsteps, creating their own personal brand of emojis.


It was only three years ago that A-listers like Jon Hamm were taking aim at the idea of a reality star.


“Whether it’s Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian or whoever, stupidity is certainly celebrated,” Hamm told Elle UK in 2012. 



“Being a f**king idiot is a valuable commodity in this culture because you’re rewarded significantly.”


Rebel Wilson wasn’t too kind to the E!’s golden geese either.


“They’re famous for no talent. They seem a bit superficial and their careers aren’t really based on talent,” she told an Australian radio station back in November 2015.


“I know they’re super popular, but I’m all about personality and working hard to get to where I am.


“How Kim Kardashian got famous from the sex tape and I just went to acting school and worked really hard.”


Well, Rebel.  Life is unfair.  The end.