Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Kendall Jenner Opens Up About Acne, Self-Confidence Issues

At 19 years old, Kendall Jenner is already a global icon in the fashion industry.


Her face, her body and her boobs are all over the world, walking in runways and being featured on a number of giant billboards.



But that doesn’t mean Jenner has always felt comfortable about her looks.


In her latest website blog entry, Kendall opened up about a physical feature that caused her emotional pain every time she looked in the mirror.


Just like so many other young teenagers, Jenner suffered from some serious acne for a number of years.


“Where it really impacted me was how self-conscious I became about it,” Jenner writes.


“It completely ruined my self-esteem. I wouldn’t even look at people when I talked to them. I felt like such an outcast; when I spoke, it was with my hand covering my face.”


Fortunately, Khloe, Kim and Kim Kardashian were all there for her half-sister. They had all experienced this same issue.


“I was thankful we always talked about it in my family,” Jenner added.


“They would help me work on my feelings about it and how I would move past that stage of my life.


“I remember on Christmas Eve one year, I was sitting in my bedroom upstairs crying and Kim walked in and we talked about it together – she felt so bad for me.”


After learning to not pick at her zits, Kendall eventually visited a dermatologist and started doing Laser Genesis, a treatment to help reduce wrinkles, large pores, redness, and scars.


She’s now been free from an excess of pimples for three years.


“Slowly, I’m working towards not caring and I’m just in so much of a better place about it all now that I’m older,” Jenner concludes.


“I realized that it’s a part of life for some people and it doesn’t define who you are.”