Thursday, September 8, 2016

Kylie Jenner: Whoops, I Dyed My Hair Too Light!

When Kylie Jenner stepped out looking like her older sister, Kim Kardashian, no one really batted an eye lash.



“Meh,” we said.  “She’s just wants to be like Kim.”


Not so, according to Jenner, who has taken her platinum do to New York for Fashion Week.


“I actually didn’t mean to go platinum,” Kylie told People Magazine at the Kendall + Kylie Collection New York Fashion Week pop-up shop on September 7th, where she and older sister, Kendall introduced new products to their line.


“I really wanted a nice, honey dirty blonde.”


Like this?



Like a lot of drastic dye jobs, Jenner’s got a little out of control.


“When we started bleaching it, it got so light so fast and I was like ‘Wow, my hair is not damaged, I can do this.’ So I went for it.”


This isn’t the first time Kylie’s done a follicle change.  Back in March, Kylie showed off a longer, though still platinum, do.


She later admitted on Snapchat that bleaching her locks was kind of a bad idea.


“The top of my hair is kind of destroyed from the bleach so I’m really, like, self conscious about it,” she told a friend.



The Kardashians have taken over Fashion Week, with Kim renting a free Airbnb apartment worth $ 30 million, and the Jenner girls hosting their own events.


Kylie’s reach has even drawn girls who would otherwise not be interested in Fashion Week.


“It feels really good to have that influence. It’s so cool,” she told People.


“We used to do meet-and-greets a lot, and I used to have green hair and then I would see a bunch of girls roll up with green hair the same week and they’d be like, ‘I did it for you.’”


All three sisters supported Kanye West at his Yeezy Season 4 show on Roosevelt Island, where a few models passed out in the blazing sun and fashion’s most influential people were bussed from Manhattan (they’re town car people.  They don’t do chartered buses).



“It was so awesome,” Kylie told Page Six of her brother-in-law’s show.


“I love watching his stuff. He’s a genius and just seeing his work come to life, it’s really cool.”