Friday, October 16, 2015

Lady Gaga Hates on the Internet, Admits to Battle with Depression

Lady Gaga recently came out with a music video that served as a public service announcement regarding the issue of campus rape.


And now the superstar has come out with an announcement of her own that she also hopes will shed light on a pressing topic.



“I’ve suffered through depression and anxiety my entire life, I still suffer with it every single day,” she tells Billboard.


“I just want these kids to know that that depth that they feel as human beings is normal. We were born that way. This modern thing, where everyone is feeling shallow and less connected? That‘s not human.”


In 2012, Lady Gaga launched a nonprofit for struggling teens called the Born This Way Foundation.


She partly blames technology for … well… a lot.


“There is something in the way that we are now, with our cell phones and people are not looking at each other and not being in the moment with each other, that kids feel isolated,” the 29-year-old says.


“They read all of this extremely hateful language on the Internet. The Internet is a toilet. It is. It used to be a fantastic resource – but you have to sort through sh-t to find the good stuff.”



Way back in 2014, Lady Gaga also opened up to Harper’s Bazaar about her personal issues.


“I became very depressed at the end of 2013. I was exhausted fighting people off,” she said back then.


“I couldn’t even feel my own heartbeat. I was angry, cynical, and had this deep sadness like an anchor dragging everywhere I go.


“I just didn’t feel like fighting anymore.”


We’re glad she’s fighting now, though, both for herself and for others.