Thursday, August 4, 2016

Becky With The Good Hair: FINALLY Revealed???

The person who collaborated with Beyonce on “Sorry” is having a laugh at our expense, and we can’t blame her.



Diana Gordon has helped pen songs for artists like Jennifer Lopez and Flo Rida, but perhaps her biggest claim to fame is Beyonce’s “Sorry.”  Specifically this line:


He only want me when I’m not there


He better call Becky with the good hair


Gordon worked with Beyonce on Lemonade, and reveled some lovely little tidbits about creating the album in an interview with Entertainment Weekly.


“Beyoncé is a scientist of songs. I’ve never seen anyone work the way she works,” Gordon said.


“She definitely changes the song structures. She can take two songs, say, ‘I like two lines, I like the melody then let me use that for a verse and a bridge and write the whole middle."”



Gordon will oftentimes present write a song from her own personal experiences, which Beyonce may connect to.


“It’s more of a collaboration. You never know what she’ll like,” Gordon explained. I came to her with a bunch of songs and she was like, ‘I like that verse, I like the idea.’ 


“But she definitely doesn’t take things as is, at least not from me.”


As for that infamous line that had the entire world talking?  Gordon is amused.


“I laughed, like this is so silly. Where are we living? I was like, ‘What day in age from that lyric do you get all of this information?’ Is it really telling you all that much, accusing people?”


So…who is Becky with the good hair?  Not Rachel Roy (although she didn’t do herself any favors by reacting to the song when it first came out).  Not Rita Ora.


It’s no one.  We have been wracking our brains trying to determine who Becky is, and this whole time Gordon has been laughing at our expense.