Friday, August 26, 2016

Katy Perry: Really Sad Catfish Victim Thought They Were Dating

When Katy Perry found out that Spencer Morrill was fooled into believing that have an online relationship that lasted six years, her heart broken a little.



Morrill, who lives in Knoxville, TN, appeared on MTV’s Catfish: The TV Show‘s August 17th episode, in which wanted hosts Nev Schulman and Max Joseph to help him meet Perry in person.  


Morrill explained that he and the pop star communicated via email, text, messaging apps and even spoke on the phone once.  It turned out that Perry was actually a Canadian woman named Harriet, who was based in London).



Perry was asked about the episode on SiriusXM’s The Morning Mash Up earlier this week, and she admitted that even though someone sent her the article, she didn’t read through the whole thing because it bummed her out.


“Somebody sent me a link,” Perry, 31, said.


“I didn’t actually read through it, because I just think it’s really unfortunate and really sad.”


The hosts tried to joke about the whole ordeal, but Perry didn’t find any of it funy.


“You know, like, my heart goes out to him actually, because anybody that’s been fooled like that or just, you know, people have dreams, and people live in different parts of the world where not everything is always so accessible,” she said.


“Like, we live on the coast, and we, you know, we get stuff in a way that some other people don’t get, and I feel bad for him, and so I didn’t really like to indulge in that, because my heart … I empathize.”


I have no idea what she’s talking about, and I think she just referred to Morrill as a hillbilly with dial-up internet, but I do respect that she has empathy for him.


Morrill was looking forward to finally seeing his beloved, he told Schulman and Joseph.


“I would like to meet face to face and see if there’s a future here,”


“She’s awesome. Katy’s funnier than I am, she’s smarter than I am. I don’t know how many people give her credit for that, but she’s very intelligent. Katy’s full of life, huge heart.”


Why would someone mess with another person like this?