Friday, July 8, 2016

Taylor Spreitler Pens Emotional Tribute to Father After Suicide

Devastating news today for young actress Taylor Spreitler.


The 22-year old star of Melissa & Joey has shared the tragic news that her father committed suicide this week.



She opened up to her followers about the tragic development with a heartfelt post on Instagram last night.


“Today my heart is hurting,” Spreitler wrote. “My dad took his own life due to his struggles with depression.”


The actress added: “I am deeply saddened and will miss him dearly as he was my inspiration and biggest cheerleader.”


Along with her emotional words, Spreitler included the following photo of herself and her late dad on her social media account:



She went on to explain that she’s opening up about this personal experience because she hopes to help others in similar situations.


“I am sharing this news with my all my fans as I want to educate everyone on the pain that depression can cause,” she wrote. “My mission now is to educate others on how to get help.”   


Ever since signing on to Instagram, Spreitler has often praised her father, sharing moments with him and referring to him as one of “the most amazing men I’ve ever known.” 




Spreitler dad



“Thankful for this goof,” the actress wrote as a caption to the following photo last year.



In this sad case, she concluded her message by asking for space to mourn her loss, while also expressing gratitude for the care she has received so far.


“I ask that you respect my family’s privacy during this time so we may heal from the devastating news. Thank you for all the love and support.”


We send our condolences to Taylor, her friends, family members and loved ones.