Thursday, August 25, 2016

Lindsie Chrisley Files for Divorce, Has "Outgrown" Marriage

Lindsie Chrisley has filed for divorce.



Those who watch Chrisley Knows Best online or live when it airs on USA are familiar with Lindsie and her husband, Will Campbell.


They have a three-year old son at home named Jackson and got married in 2014 after starting to date way back in 2009.


Why did Chrisley make this decision?


“He was my first love. We got together when we were 19 years-old, and over time we grew separately in different directions instead of together,” Lindsie told People magazine.


“I feel like I’ve become more independent, I’ve come more into myself, I’m more confident with myself and I just don’t feel that relationship gives me what I need anymore.


“I’ve outgrown the relationship.”



The romance served as a point of contention between Lindsie and her famous, wealth father, Todd.


He openly took issue with the couple going off to elope without his permission or blessing.


Even after Lindsie gave birth to her first child nearly a year after exchanging vows, Todd continued to clash with son-in-law.


In the seasons that followed – the series is now around the halfway point of Season 4 – Campbell appeared less and less often.


“I take nothing negative from that experience because that’s where I was at the time,” Lindsie added, stating that she and Will separated in 2014 as well.


“I feel like I had been struggling with this decision for a long time, and I didn’t want to make an immature decision on the spur of the moment.”



Because reality shows tape weeks or even months in advance, Campbell will still be featured on Chrisley Knows Best this year, trying to rebuild his relationship with Todd and the rest of the Chrisley family


Look for the divorce to come on toward the end of Season 4.


“We’re not fighting – unfortunately it is what it is, and we truly just want to come together and make it the best situation for our child and families and move forward with our lives,” Chrisley says, concluding:


“I hope in the future that he and I can be great friends.


“He still holds a special place in my heart. I still love him, always and forever. I have nothing negative to say.”


How boring is that?!?


It’s great for the former couple and especially for their son and everything.


But for a celebrity gossip website? How boring!